Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thing 22: Reflect on a Conference Presentation

I attended Techsteps (K-2) - Let's do a project!!  This session's presenter was Gilda Haddox who is a technology trainer/consultant for IBM.  Gilda guided us through logon, assessment rubric, scope and sequence, state standards, class creation, addition of projects, addition of classrosters, and using the student activity book.  She also filled us in with the latest updates and improvements for the program.  The most important element for me was simply learning how to navigate and understand the sequence of using this program.  (I like this activity, but it's challenging to manage the time issues.) 
I knew from helping make the technology presentation at our 2009-10 school year's staff development sessions that Techstep was NOT getting a very positive reaction from our staff.  I've been able to use a little of what I learned to make it easier for some of them, but for the most part Techsteps is still a bit of an evil stepsister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment